Regulatory Services

Minneapolis Animal Care
& Control

212 17th Ave. N.
Minneapolis, MN 55411

911 for Emergencies (Animal Attacks)

Call 311 (non-emergency issues)

612-673-MACC (6222)
Fax: 612-673-6255


Injured Animals, Wildlife and Pest Control

Injured or Sick Domestic Animals

If you find an injured or sick domestic animal, call 311. MACC does respond if the animal is hurt or ill. If the owner is present, it is the responsibility of the owner to seek appropriate medical treatment if needed. If the owner is unable or unwilling to seek medical treatment, he or she may sign an “Owner Release” which gives ownership of the animal to MACC.


MACC may respond to calls about wildlife only if the animal is sick or injured, for example:

If you find an obviously injured animal, bring it to the Wildlife Rehabilitation Center: 2530 Dale St. N. Roseville 55113. For more information, visit the Wildlife Rehabilitation Center of Minnesota. If you have questions regarding a possibly orphaned animal, please call the Wildlife Rehabilitation Center at (651) 486-9453 before attempting to capture it.

In addition, the Animal Humane Society staffs a 24-hour Wildlife Hotline (763-489-2223).

Pest Control

MACC does not respond to pest complaints. For example, MACC will not send an Animal Control Officer for mice, squirrels, or birds in a home, raccoons in rafters, or non-domestic animals in abandoned houses. Please call a pest control company for removal of these animals.

Last updated Mar 11, 2015