Board of Estimate & Taxation
As required by the City Charter, the Board of Estimate & Taxation holds public hearings to obtain citizen input relating to setting the maximum tax levies for certain tax funds in the City. The board reviews selected City department budgets and after receiving recommendations from the Mayor and City Council, sets the maximum tax levies for the following funds:
City Council: General Fund, Permanent Improvement Fund, Police Personnel Expansion Fund.
Park and Recreation Board: Park and Recreation Fund, Tree Preservation and Reforestation Fund, Park Rehabilitation and Parkway Maintenance Fund, Shade Tree Disease Control Fund, Lake Pollution Control Fund.
Public Housing Authority: Public Housing Fund.
- Board Members
- Internal Audit Reports
- Meeting Agendas
- Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board Presentation - September 14, 2016
- Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board Presentation - September 13, 2017
- Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board Parkways Board of Estimate and Taxation presentation - November 29, 2017
- Minneapolis Park & Recreation Neighborhood Parks Capital plan
- Minneapolis Park & Recreation Capital plan 2017 - 2022
- Parkway Paving Evaluation Board of Estimate and Taxation - November 29, 2017
- Est pay 2018 City taxes of 18 residential homestead properties with market value changes from -5.0% thru +12.5%
- Residential homestead properties 2018 changes from 2017 and 2014
- Overview of Mayor's 2017 Recommended Budget and Levy
- Overview of Mayor's 2018 Recommended Budget
- Director of Capital and Debt Management, Mike Abeln's presentation - Net Debt Overview February 10, 2016
- Fiscal Disparities Presentation October 26, 2016
NOTE: The Fire Department Relief Association, Police Relief Association, Municipal Employees Retirement Fund, and Building Commission Funds are not subject to the Board's maximum tax levies.
The Board also participates in the overall debt management policy of the City and issues General Obligation Bonds of the City in support of the Capital Program (excluding Tax Increment Bonds).
The Board staff is responsible for preparation of the Official Statement except Appendix A. They assist in preparation of responses to rating agency inquiries. They prepare self-supporting debt documentations and are involved in pre- and post-bond-sale activities.
The Board is responsible in determining if a project is related to the Convention Center and therefore eligible for the use of sales taxes.
Last updated Jan 9, 2018