Bicycle Advisory Committee Resolution
To: Minneapolis City Council, Minneapolis Public Works
From: Minneapolis Bicycle Advisory Committee
Date: September 25, 2019
Subject: 2020 Highway Safety Improvement Projects
2020 Highway Safety Improvement Projects
The Minneapolis Bicycle Advisory Committee supports the 2020 Highway Safety Improvement Projects with the following suggestions:
• The intersection at Humboldt is built to be consistent with a possible future northbound bicycle connection on Humboldt.
• All stop signs for bicycles be removed on the Midtown Greenway from Hennepin Avenue S through James Avenue S.
• The connection for bicycles on the east side of Hiawatha Avenue should be straightened out.
• Modify the crossing buttons on both sides of Hiawatha to always allow for pedestrians and maximize crossing time.
• Make the tapering of the pavement transitions be as smooth as possible for greenway users.
Last updated Oct 7, 2019