Maintenance of bikeways is handled by four agencies. The lists below are a guide which will assist you in reporting a maintenance concern. If you see a problem, please call one of the phone numbers below. Government agencies rely on the public to flag bicycle-related maintenance problems.
Within reason, you are encouraged to report any maintenance task that affects your safety or convenience. This may include items such as pothole repair, debris pick-up, overgrown brush, problems with sewer grates, snow and ice removal, etc.
For maintenance requests related to Nice Ride Bicycle Sharing, call 1-877-551-6423.
City of Minneapolis
Call 311 or (612) 673-3000*
- Hiawatha LRT Trail
- Dinkytown Greenway
- Midtown Greenway - Pavement Surfaces, Lighting, Emergency Phones, Bridge Graffiti, Fencing, Signs (See exceptions under Hennepin County)
- On-Street Bike Lanes (see exceptions under Hennepin County and University of Minnesota)
- Pedestrian Bridges over Freeways
- Van White Memorial Boulevard Trail
*Some City of Minneapolis maintenance issues can be reported online. Go to MinneapolisMN.gov, and click on the "Report Issues & Complaints" drop-down menu. Issues pertaining to graffiti, potholes, signs, street lights, and traffic signals are available on this menu.
Call (612) 596-0299
- Midtown Greenway
- Minnehaha Avenue Bike Lane*
- Park Avenue Bike Lane*
- Portland Avenue Bike Lane (between Washington Avenue and 45th Street)*
- University Avenue SE Bike Lane (between I-35W South Ramp and Oak Street)*
- Washington Avenue N Bike Lane (between Soo Avenue and 2nd Street N)*
*Hennepin County maintains striping and potholes only. The City of Minneapolis maintains signs and debris pick-up along county routes.
Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board
Call (612) 230-6400
- Bridge 9 (between 10th and Washington Avenue bridges)
- Cedar Lake Trail
- Creek & River Paths
- Diagonal Trail
- Humboldt Greenway (along 49th Avenue N)
- Kenilworth Trail
- Lake Paths
- Loring Bikeway (I-94 to Loring Park)
- Parkway Paths
- Stone Arch Bridge
University of Minnesota
Call (612) 625-1333
- Harvard Street Bike Lane
- Pillsbury Drive Bike Lane
- Union Street Bike Lane
- U of M Transitway Trail*
- Washington Avenue Bridge
* The U of M Transitway Trail is not plowed in winter.
Last updated Aug 1, 2017