Lyndale Avenue North Bikeway
Project Type: Bikeway Improvements
Project Year: 2018
Project Limits: Lyndale Avenue North from 49th Avenue North to Webber Parkway
In 2018, the Minneapolis Public Works Department plans to resurface Lyndale Ave N between Webber Parkway and 49th Ave N. This resurfacing project provides an opportunity to enhance the corridor with a designated bikeway to create a more comfortable bicycling experience. Planning work will be completed in the winter of 2018 and design work will be completed in spring of 2018. Installation is planned for summer 2018.
- Enhance comfort and predictability for all users
- Promote traffic calming
- Support existing bicycle demand with improved infrastructure
The recommended design concepts would not require any changes to existing on-street parking.
- Two-way traffic will be maintained in two 11’ travel lanes
- Parking will be maintained on both sides of the street
- A new 5’ bike lane will be installed in both directions of the corridor
- An additional pedestrian ramp will be constructed at the North Mississippi Park trail along Shingle Creek, between Webber Parkway and 44th Ave N along with pedestrian safety improvements at 45th Ave N as part of BP004 Pedestrian Safety program.
Erin Feehily, Associate Transportation Planner, 612-673-3614 or [email protected]
Last updated Apr 9, 2018