Minneapolis Advisory Committee on Aging Vacancies
The Minneapolis Advisory Committee on Aging (MACA) advises the City Council, Mayor and City Departments of concerns relating to an aging population. The MACA is a resource to the City Council, Mayor and City Departments and recommends solutions and actions pertaining to issues, concerns and opportunities pertaining to issues on aging. The MACA will also advise and suggest to the City Council, Mayor and City Department’s best practices, services, programs and activities that promote a healthy and vibrant aging community in Minneapolis.
- Meetings are held on the 2nd Thursday of each month, 1 to 2:30 p.m. in Room 331 City Hall.
- Participation in at least one standing committee is required.
- Any member who has more than three unexcused absences in any calendar year will be replaced.
- Members may not serve more than three consecutive terms.
- There is no compensation.
- The Commission meeting locations are accessible to persons who are disabled.
- Committee members must be Minneapolis residents age 50 or older.
Deadline: Open until filled.
There are currently 5 vacancies.
- Seat 8 / Ward 8 - Learn more about Ward 8 ward representatives for a term beginning immediately, and ending December 31, 2018.
- Seat 9 / Ward 9 - Learn more about Ward 9 ward representatives for a term beginning immediately, and ending December 31, 2018.
- Seat 12 / Ward 12 - Learn more about Ward 12 ward representatives for a term beginning immediately, and ending December 31, 2018.
- Seat 15: Member at large appointed by Mayor and City Council President and confirmed by Council; term beginning immediately, and ending December 31, 2018.
- Seat 17: Member at large appointed by Mayor and City Council President and confirmed by Council; term beginning immediately, and ending December 31, 2018.
Send completed forms to email@example.com, or by fax: 612-673-3812, or:
City Clerk Appointments
Room 304, 350 South Fifth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55415-1382
You can apply on your own behalf, nominate others for consideration, or inform the City Clerk's Office of someone to whom you'd like application materials to be sent.
Applications are forwarded from the City Clerk to the Committee, Mayor, and City Council President staff for their consideration. Applications are reviewed by the Health, Environment & Community Engagement Committee for recommendation to the full City Council.
Committee Contact: Christina Kendrick, 612-673-3952 or Christina.Kendrick@minneapolismn.gov
City Clerk's Office: 612-673-2244 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you require a reasonable accommodation in order to fully participate, or information in an alternative format, please contact the Office of City Clerk at 612-673-2216
or email@example.com. People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000. TTY users call 612-673-2157.
Para asistencia 612-673-2700 - Rau kev pab 612-673-2800 - Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500.
Last updated Mar 24, 2017