Northside Green Zone Council Vacancies
The Northside Green Zone Council was created to serve as an advisory board to the City Council on the creation, implementation and evaluation of the Northside Green Zone Work Plan. The Northside Green Zone Council will develop an action-oriented Work Plan specific to the Northside Green Zone, which includes the neighborhoods of Hawthorne, McKinley, and Near North, and portions of Bottineau, Sheridan, St. Anthony West and Marshall Terrace closest to the Mississippi River. The Work Plan shall identify actions that promote health and economic well-being using environmentally-beneficial strategies. Task Force members will be responsible for attending meetings, reviewing materials between meetings and making recommendations to the City Council.
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until August 15, 2019.
- Seat 5: A voting community member of the Northside Green Zone. This appointment is to fill an unexpired two-year term beginning Jan 1, 2019, and ending Dec 31, 2020.
- Applicants must be residents living within the geographic boundaries of the Northside Green Zone of the City of Minneapolis.
- Practiced interest in environmental justice.
- Explicitly support the successful implementation of the Northside Green Zone.
- Have been impacted by cumulative pollution; or demonstrate expertise in environmental justice, climate resiliency, and/or cumulative health impacts.
- Expertise in green manufacturing or environmentally friendly business practices
- Expertise in education and/or youth oriented work.
City Clerk Appointments
Room 304, 350 South Fifth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55415-1382
You can apply on your own behalf, nominate others for consideration, or inform the City Clerk's Office of someone to whom you'd like application materials to be sent.
When the appointment cycle is open, applications are received by the City Clerk’s Office. A Selection Committee of city staff, City Council offices, and representatives from the Environmental Justice Coordinating Council will make the selection decision of applicants to serve on the Green Zone Council.
Please contact the Board Staff or the City Clerk’s office regarding the application process or to learn more about the Northside Green Zone Council:
Board Contact: Kelly Muellman
Email: [email protected]
City Clerk’s Office
Email: [email protected]
The Northside Green Zone Council will meet as a whole on a monthly basis during a regularly scheduled, standing meeting to oversee and support the Northside Green Zone Work Plan implementation and evaluation. Meeting times and locations will be determined based on Council members’ availability.
If you need this material in an alternative format, please call City Clerk’s Office at (612) 673-2216 or email [email protected].
Deaf and hard-of-hearing persons may use a relay service to call 311 agents at (612) 673-3000. TTY users may call (612) 673-2157 or (612) 673-2626.
Attention: If you have any questions regarding this material please call 311 at (612) 673-3000.
Hmong - Ceeb toom. Yog koj xav tau kev pab txhais cov xov no rau koj dawb, hu (612) 673-2800;
Spanish - Atención. Si desea recibir asistencia gratuita para traducir esta información, llama (612) 673-2700;
Last updated Jul 11, 2019