Business Technical Assistance Program (B-TAP)
Supporting business development in the City of Minneapolis
- Supporting business development in the City of Minneapolis
- Resources for B-TAP service providers
- B-TAP+ Plus
- Business Opportunities Fair, October 30, 2015 (pdf)
What is B-TAP?
The Business Technical Assistance Program or B-TAP program was created to provide consulting support to businesses located in the City of Minneapolis.
How does it work?
Through B-TAP, the City contracts with local non-profit organizations focused on entrepreneur training and economic development to provide direct ser¬vices to new and existing businesses.
Who is eligible to receive the services?
Small- and medium-sized businesses located in Minneapolis.
What kind of services can small-and medium-sized businesses receive?
B-TAP can assist entrepreneurs who are:
- Considering starting a new business in Minneapolis,
- Looking to expand business operations in Minneapolis,
- Pursuing certification as a Minority- or Woman- Owned Disadvantaged Business,
- Need general business advice (i.e. guidance on payroll withholding, ensuring their business licenses are in order, creation or improving their business marketing strategy) to retain their existing business operations in Minneapolis.
How can businesses access the services?
For 2014-2015, the City contracted with 11 service providers, several of which specialize in serving particular ethnic groups or geographic areas.
Minneapolis businesses interested in receiving services can contact the service provider of their choice directly. Details about services provided and contact information for each organization listed is provided in the attached matrix. City staff may also provide guidance on which organization to contact.
Last updated Nov 2, 2015