B-TAP (Business Technical Assistance Program)
What is B-TAP, how does it work, and who is eligible to receive the services?
What kind of services can small-and medium-sized businesses receive?
B-TAP can assist entrepreneurs who are:
- Considering starting a new business in Minneapolis,
- Looking to expand business operations in Minneapolis,
- Pursuing certification as a Minority- or Woman- Owned Disadvantaged Business,
- Need general business advice (i.e. guidance on payroll withholding, ensuring their business licenses are in order, creation or improving their business marketing strategy) to retain their existing business operations in Minneapolis.
How can businesses access the services?
The City contracts with service providers, several of which specialize in serving particular ethnic groups or geographic areas.
Minneapolis businesses interested in receiving services can contact the service provider of their choice directly. Details about services provided and contact information for each organization listed is provided below. City staff may also provide guidance on which organization to contact.
Business Technical Assistance Program (B-TAP), (612)673-5095, email@example.com
Videos: Navigating City Business Processes
The City is dedicated to help businesses start, stay and grow in Minneapolis. Discover the resources to help your business thrive.
An overview of the resources available to support businesses including technical assistance, loans, site selection support, and more.
Learn which businesses need a license, how to apply, and renew your business license.
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Certification and Inclusion
Learn about the certification process.
Understanding Development Review
The Development Review Process
Healthy Food Businesses
Best practices for Minneapolis’ food-oriented businesses.
Doing Business with the City of Minneapolis
How to find business opportunities, and register a business to become a bidder.
Resources for B-TAP Providers
Business Opportunities Fair
- Business Opportunities Fair, 2016 (coming soon)
- Business Opportunities Fair, October 30, 2015 (pdf)
Co-op Technical Assistance Program (C-TAP)
Last updated Mar 24, 2016