Luella A Anderson Area Reconstruction
The Residential Neighborhood Reconstruction Program will reconstruct residential street segments in various locations across the city. Projects involve the entire right-of-way and will include new ADA pedestrian ramps, pavement, curb, gutter and utility improvements. Projects may also include new signage, pavement markings and bicycle facilities as needed.
Public Works has identified street segments in the Luella Anderson area of Hiawatha Neighborhood for 2021 pavement improvement work. Public Works staff evaluated streets in the project area to determine suitable pavement treatment for each type of street within the project area. Preliminary observations indicate 42nd Street East need to be fully reconstructed and the rest of the residential streets can be rehabilitated.
Candidates for full reconstruction:
- 42nd St E – 46th Ave S to Edmund Blvd
Candidates for concrete rehabilitation:
- Burton Ln – 42nd St E to Northrop Dr
- Coffman Ln – 42nd St E to Northrop Dr
- Edmund Blvd – 42nd St E to Folwell Dr
- Morrill Ln – 46th Ave S to Folwell Dr
- Northrop Dr – Morrill Ln to Edmund Blvd
- Folwell Dr – 46th Ave S to Edmund Blvd
- Coffey Ln – 46th Ave S to Folwell Dr
- 47th Ave S – Coffey Ln to the Dead-end
- Preliminary planning and project development
- Winter/Spring: Community engagement and preliminary design
- Spring: Recommendation to City Council for layout approval
- Summer/Fall: Final engineering and design
City staff is currently in the preliminary stages of planning and design for the project, which will be accompanied by community outreach activities that will help inform and guide design concepts.
Public Works relies on planning guidance and community input to inform the design of streets.
Public Works intends to advance a layout of the reconstruction segments for City Council approval by spring of 2020.
Staff will be engaging stakeholders late 2019 through early 2020 to understand what design elements are important to the residents of Luella Anderson.
There may be opportunities to explore unique features and interests specific to the neighborhood as part of this project.
Luella Anderson Open House #1
Wednesday, January 15, 2020 from 6:30-8:00pm
Hiawatha School Park – Multi-purpose room
4305 East 42nd Street, Minneapolis, MN 55406
Abdullahi Abdulle, Associate Transportation Planner; 612-673-5307 or [email protected]
Nathan Kemmer, Project engineer, 612-673-3274 or [email protected]
Last updated Jan 14, 2020