Department of Civil Rights

Velma J. Korbel, Director

350 S. 5th St., Room 239
Minneapolis, MN 55415

Phone: (612) 673-3012
Fax: (612) 673-2599
TTY: (612) 673-2157

Office Hours:
8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Monday – Friday

Police Conduct Resources

Officer Complaint History Search

Records contained in the profile card search may be incomplete. For up-to-date information, please contact the Office of Police Conduct Review at [email protected]



Police Conduct Resources 

Minneapolis Police Department

Minneapolis Police Department Policy Manual

Minneapolis City Attorney

Minneapolis Risk Management – Claims Office (Procedure to file a claim against the city)


Additional Resources

The Minneapolis Office of Police Conduct Review has jurisdiction over City of Minneapolis Police Department officers, which does not include law enforcement officials from Hennepin County Sheriffs, Metro Transit Police, University of Minnesota Police, or officers from other cities.

Please see the following resources for misconduct complaints against areas outside of our jurisdiction:

Hennepin County Attorney

Hennepin County Jail

Hennepin County Public Defender

Minnesota Board of Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST)

Minnesota Department of Human Rights

Minnesota Office of Justice Programs (Help for Crime Victims)

FBI – Minneapolis Division

Legal Rights Center

NACOLE (National Association for Oversight of Law Enforcement)

For Complaints Against Officers in Other Jurisdictions 

Minneapolis Park Police (612) 230-6550
Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office (612) 348-3744
Metro Transit Police (612) 349-7200
University of Minnesota Police Department (612) 624-2677
Minnesota State Patrol (651) 201-7136
St. Paul Police Department Police-Civilian Review Commission (651) 266-5583
Ramsey County Sheriff's Department Internal Affairs (651) 266-9290
Dakota County Sheriff’s Office (651) 438-4700
Anoka County Sheriff’s Office (763) 323-5000


Last updated Dec 15, 2017



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 

Minneapolis 311       ©1997-2019 City of Minneapolis, MN


311 call center

311 TTY relay service

City of Minneapolis Facebook City of Minneapolis Twitter City of Minneapolis YouTube ChaNNEL Minneapolis 311 Watch Minneapolis City Council TV City of Minneapolis LinkedIn

Minneapolis, City of Lakes logo