Message from City Clerk
On March 25, Governor Walz issued Executive Order 20-20 which directs Minnesotans to stay at home, an order that is effective March 27 to April 10. During that period, the City of Minneapolis is reducing or limiting many of its public-facing services.
While the Governor’s order is in effect, the Clerk’s Office will be open for essential services during regular business hours, 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. These essential services include:
- Notice and posting of emergency regulations issued by the Mayor or official actions of the City Council related to the declared state of local public health emergency (COVID-19). See the City’s COVID-19 website.
- Notice of meetings of City Council and other policy-making boards and commissions as well as posting of the agendas for such meetings.
- Legal publication and posting of ordinances, resolutions, and other official acts of the City.
- Service of legal process or related documents upon the City of Minneapolis.
All other services during this time period will be handled by phone, email, U.S. postal service, or by reference to the website. This includes the following:
- To register to vote or access election-related information and services, visit Elections & Voter Services.
- Requests to inspect documents, provide proof of identity, and to submit payment will be handled on a case-by-case basis. To submit or track a request for city data under the MN Government Data Practices Act, call 311 or use the City’s data request portal.
- To access a calendar of public meetings or to see the agendas, see the City’s Legislative Information Management System.
- To watch meetings of City Council or its committees, tune to SD Channel 14 or HD Channel 799 on Comcast or SD Channel 8001 or HD Channel 8501 on CenturyLink, or see the City's Council TV or YouTube Channel.
- To register or terminate a domestic partnership, see domestic partnerships.
- To request document certifications or copies of City documents, email [email protected]
We appreciate your understanding and patience.
Last updated Mar 30, 2020