City Goal Results Minneapolis
The City Goal Results Minneapolis program is the way the City measures its progress toward reaching its long-term goals. The program brings people and data together through interactive reports and in-depth roundtable conversations. The reports and roundtables look at the City's role within large and complex issues to understand how we are doing and to find ways to do our work better.
The City's long-term goals are very broad. Community indicators help make them more specific.
The City's goals include:
• Living well: Minneapolis is safe and livable and has an active and connected way of life
• One Minneapolis: Disparities are eliminated so all Minneapolis residents can participate and prosper
• A hub of economic activity and innovation: Businesses - big and small - start, move, stay and grow here
• Great places: Natural and built spaces work together and our environment is protected
• A City that works: City government runs well and connects to the community it serves
To help the City understand its progress toward reaching these goals, the City Council approved thirty community indicators in September 2015. Community indicators are specific measures that help us understand, using data, how well we are doing.
Reports help tell the stories behind our community indicators.
Even with thirty measures, it can be hard to tell the whole story of what the City does. A big part of the City Goal Results Minneapolis program is focused on telling those stories, one at a time. The reports are short and focused on the key findings.
Roundtable conversations bring people together to discuss the reports and share ideas.
At roundtable conversations, City staff, community leaders, and elected officials discuss the key findings of the report. These conversations are open to the public. Each roundtable begins with a short presentation of the reports. The presentation is followed by a group discussion. Everyone is invited to participate.
Sign up for our newsletter (make sure to select Results Minneapolis News). You will be notified each time a new report is posted.
Attend a roundtable: The dates of each roundtable are below. All roundtables are open to the public.
Note: Some roundtables have not been scheduled yet. This webpage will be updated each time a roundtable is scheduled.
Healthy food access | 1/11/2017
2016 Minneapolis Resident Survey | 12/14/2016
• Quality of City services (City goal: A City that works)
• Value for tax dollar (City goal: A City that works)
• Access to City information (City goal: A City that works)
• Resident trust of Minneapolis City government (City Goal: One Minneapolis)
• Parks that meet household needs (City goal: Great places)
Special report and roundtable: Youth violence prevention | 11/14/2016
Asthma + outdoor air quality | 10/26/2016
Jobs and skills | 8/24/2016
Healthy lakes, rivers and streams | 6/22/2016
Economic security | 1/27/2016
Child and infant disparities | 12/2/2015
Transportation | 4/5/2017
• Commute mode share (City goal: Living well)
• Pavement condition index (City goal: Great places)
• Bridge condition (City goal: Great places)
City workforce | 5/24/2017
• City employee engagement (City goal: A City that works)
• Diversity of City workforce (City goal: A City that works)
Climate change + waste stream | 2017
• Waste stream (City goal: Great places)
• Greenhouse gases (City goal: Great places)
Economic development | 2017
• Sales + use tax (City goal: A hub of economic activity and innovation)
• Number employed in business startups (City goal: A hub of economic activity and innovation)
• Creative vitality (City goal: Great places)
Housing quality + affordability | 2017
• Quality housing (City goal: Living well)
• Cost-burdened households (City goal: Living well)
Crime + safety | 2017
• Equitable justice system (City goal: One Minneapolis)
• Safety (City goal: Living well)
Complete + livable neighborhoods | 2018
• Complete and livable neighborhoods (City goal: Living well)
Last updated Mar 13, 2017