Green Homes North Developer Resources
Request for Proposals and Developer Selections
The Round 6 request for proposals was released on June 1, 2016 with proposals for lot selection due on June 10-15, 2016 and proposals due at noon on Friday July 1, 2016. The program funds will assist developers with development gap financing for new construction. Green Homes North is funded by the Minnesota Housing Finance Agency and the City of Minneapolis and 4%-5% loans available from the Twin Cities Community Land Bank. CPED offered over five million dollars in funding for 84 new green homes in the first five funding rounds. CPED will offer over one million in funding for the sixth funding round.
Note: The development gap maximum has been increased from $60,000 to $70,000.
Developers may submit lot selection proposals between June 10 – June 15, 2016.
Green Homes North 6 Request for Proposals
- Green Homes North 6 RFP (pdf)
- Green Homes North 6 Timeline (pdf)
- Offer to Purchase Residential Land and Improvements (including Marketing Plan) (pdf)
- Development Proforma (xls)
- Form for Release of Response Data (doc)
- Documentation of Interim Financing and Leverage*
- Complete Set of Design Concept Plans (including electronic format)*
- Green Communities Intended Methods Form (xls)
- Minneapolis Department of Civil Rights Approved Affirmative Action Plan**
- Minneapolis Department of Civil Rights Approved Equity Plan (doc)
- Workforce Development and Job Creation: Developer Response Form
*Developer to provide in the proposal.
**If not on file with Minneapolis Department of Civil Rights
- Green Communities Intended Methods Form (xls) – EXAMPLE Certification Workbook (Green Intended Methods and Compliance)
- Minneapolis Department of Civil Rights Approved Equity Plan (doc) – EXAMPLE Equity Plan Guidebook – Single Family Homes Projects
- Workforce Development and Job Creation: Developer Response Form – EXAMPLE Workforce Development and Job Creation: Developer Response Form
Green Homes North lots and prices must be confirmed with the identified project coordinator. All proposals must have a minimum of three lots selected and prioritized, with a rationale for each ranking. Notify Aarica Coleman of interest in Green Homes North properties. Developers will identify intended lots by June 10-15, 2016 to be finalized for proposals due July 1, 2016.
Green Homes North Program Resources
- Request For Proposals Information Meeting Presentation (pdf)
- Administrative Site Plan Review for Single Family Homed (pdf)
- Housing Development Checklist
- Minneapolis Green Homes North Green Product and Services Directory (pdf)
- Minnesota Housing Finance Agency Single Family Green Communities Standards
- Notice of Civil Rights Rules and Regulations (pdf)
- Civil Rights DBE List (pdf)
- Civil Rights Section 3 Business List(xls)
Aarica Coleman, Senior Project Coordinator at 612-673-5078.
Last updated Aug 4, 2017