Minneapolis Employment and Training
- Minneapolis Employment and Training Youth Programs (pdf)
- STEP-UP: Summer jobs for Minneapolis youth ages 14-21
- Minneapolis Youth Works: Helps youth and young adults learn academic life and work skills, identify career paths, and achieve meaningful employment.
- 2018 Employment & Opportunity Guide for Minneapolis Youth
- Everything you need to apply for a job (pdf)
- Youth Build Leaders
- PEACE: Pathways to Emergency and Academy Career Experiences
- Minneapolis Works: Provides Minneapolis jobseekers with personalized career guidance, skills training, and job search services.
- Dislocated Worker Program: Comprehensive career counseling services for individuals who have lost their job through no fault of their own. For adults ages 18 or older.
- WIOA Adult: Individualized career counseling services for adults looking to improve, update, or gain new employment skills.
Job Training and Hiring Events
- NEW – 911 Telecommunicator Training
- Apprenticeships in the Metro Area (pdf)
- TechHire: Aimed at preparing jobseekers to do programming, coding and other IT-related functions
- City of Minneapolis Job Seeker Bulletin: Learn about available job training and skills enhancement programs and upcoming hiring events through a bi-monthly e-newsletter. Read archived copies online.
Free Resources for Self Directed Job Search
- Find a Community Technology Center/Internet Access
- Explore Careers, Assess Your Skills & Locate Training, and Find a Job (pdf)
- Develop & Strengthen Your Job Search Strategy
- Find Financial Help & Community Services
- Graduate Employment Outcomes Tool (Shows how Minnesota graduates found Minnesota jobs one and two years after graduation)
- DEED Labor Market Information Tools
Last updated May 9, 2018