Northeast side of Second Street South between Third and Fifth avenues South
View RFP (PDF, 18 pages, 471 KB)
RFP deadline: Feb. 22, 2008 at 4 p.m.
The City of Minneapolis is seeking proposals for the purchase and potential redevelopment of Parcel A in the rapidly developing Mill District in downtown Minneapolis. This site, which is currently being used for parking, is among the last City-owned parcels in the area available for development. It is located on the northeast side of Second Street South between Third and Fifth avenues South.
The site is zoned C3A (Community Activity Center District) and there are no plans for any re-zoning. The site is affected by a number of zoning overlay districts. The entire site is within the Downtown Height (DH) overlay, Mississippi River Critical Area overlay (MR), and the Downtown Parking (DP) overlay. More information about the zoning and overlay districts (Title 20 of the Minneapolis Code of Ordinances) may be found at: http://www.municode.com/resources/gateway.asp?pid=11490&sid=23
These parcels are also subject to the policies in the Citys comprehensive plan ( The Minneapolis Plan) and specifically, Minneapolis Downtown 2010: Extending the Vision into the 21st Century. The Historic Mills District Plan and the Update to the Historic Mills District Plan. These plans are available respectively at the websites noted below or you may contact Carrie Flack at (612) 673-5010 to make an appointment to review a hard copy.
Proposals were due February 22, 2008.
The City held a pre-proposal meeting about this project Jan. 31, 2008.
Exhibits and attachments
- Exhibit A - Form of Consent for Release of Response Data (DOC, 1 page, 39 KB)
- Exhibit B Parcel A site map (PDF, 1 page, 1.1 MB)
- Exhibit C Proposed Mill Place Land Exchange (PDF, 1 page, 11 KB)
- Parking Rental Agreement (29 pages, 880 KB); added 1/11/08
- Environmental Report (PDF, 71 pages, 3.6 MB)
- Soil Analyses (PDF, 112, pages, 5.8 MB)
- St. Anthony Falls Historic District Guidelines (PDF, 9 pages, 52 KB)
- Retracement Survey (PDF, 1 page, 823, KB)
Last updated Nov 1, 2016