City Clerk's Office

Records Management
City Hall, Room 300M
350 South 5th St.
Minneapolis, MN 55415

Browse Data and Information

Minneapolis is committed to making data and information easily accessible to everyone. Below is an overview that provides an insight into the types of information created and maintained by the City. There is also a listing of commonly requested data and information types which are maintained outside of the City by entities such as Hennepin County or the State of Minnesota.

Data Maintained by the City of Minneapolis 

Data Inventory - Private Data on Individuals by Department - This inventory is updated annually and covers all types of Private Data on Individuals maintained and utilized by City departments

Records Retention Schedules - Retention schedules list out the types of records that the City maintains and include the period of time that the City must legally retain such records. Schedules are created by the City and approved for use by the State Records Disposition Panel

Open Government - This page contains links to all areas of public information which are available through self-service access portals on the City's website. 

Data Maintained by other Units of Government

Real Estate Recording Information - Legal documents from real estate transactions related to property within Hennepin County. Other documents such as military separations and tax liens are also recorded here. The most commonly recorded documents are mortgages, deeds, assignments, releases and satisfactions. 

Vital Records, Hennepin County - Birth, Death, Marriage - This link is for records related to Hennepin County. If you are searching for vital records outside of Hennepin County, use the link below for the Office of Vital Records at the Minnesota Department of Health. 

Vital Records, State of Minnesota - Birth, Death, Marriage - Vital records search for the entire state of Minnesota. 

Historic Property Information - Hennepin County Central Library Special Collections Department

Genealogical & Local History Research - Hennepin County Central Library Special Collections Department



Last updated Jul 11, 2017



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 


311 call center

TTY relay service


facebook25x25 twitter25x25 youtube25x25 Minneapolis311icon logo tv 14 footer icon image linkedin_32x32