East Side Storage and Maintenance Facility
Partners: CPED, Public Works
Status: This project is in the early planning stages.
This proposed multi-purpose municipal operations campus will facilitate a variety of large scale storage and maintenance needs. The main building will be comprised shop space, service bays, storage areas and staff offices.
Some possible goals of the public art project might include:
- Be a welcoming and iconic entrance to the city.
- Be thoughtfully integrated into architectural and landscape design.
- Respond to the setting by improving the appearance of University Avenue corridor and supporting the residential nature along the southern border of the site.
- Celebrate community history and the diversity of the area, people of all ages, origins, and stages of life.
- Support creative opportunities for community gathering and physical activity in the public open space, including people of all ages, origins, and stages of life.
- Celebrate the sustainability goals of this project and the facility and re-use materials from the site if possible.
- Highlight the City’s services and educate the public about them.
- Be durable and maintainable in Minneapolis' climate and urban environment.
Public artworks could be integrated into the façade of the building, located in the expansive greenspace along the western edge, and or be a gateway to Northeast Minneapolis
For more information contact Mary Altman.
Last updated Aug 23, 2017