Minneapolis Environmental Education program
The Minneapolis Environmental Education Program supports teachers in the City of Minneapolis in their efforts to address environmental science, environmental health, and environmental justice issues.
Four thousand dollars ($4,000) in cost share funds are available for the 2015-2016 year.The maximum cost share amount awarded is $2,000.
Are you a teacher or educator in a City of Minneapolis Public or Charter School?
The MEE cost share may support the following educational endeavors:
- Increase education and awareness about the environment in Minneapolis in an effort to inform decision making on environmental issues.
- Increase knowledge regarding environmental science, health and justice challenges.
- Provide education, skills, and resources to mitigate environmental concerns.
- Promote the scientific understanding of how natural environments function.
- Learn how people can manage their behavior and ecosystems in order to live sustainibly.
Applicant must be a teacher or instructor teaching in an educational institution for K-12 grade level students.
The institution must meet the following guidelines:
- Operate primarily for scientific, educational, service, charitable, or other similar purposes in the public interest;
- Not organized primarily for profit.
- Located within the City of Minneapolis.
Not eligible for funding:
- Individuals not working in a teaching institution
- Community organizations
- For more information on the grant application, follow the link below.
Apply for a Minneapolis Environmental Education (MEE) cost share
Click on this link for the application: Minneapolis Environmental Education Cost Share application
Should you require a reasonable accommodation in order to fully participate, or information in an alternative format, please contact 612-673-2301.
Para asistencia 612-673-2700 - Rau kev pab 612-673-2800 - Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500.
Last updated Aug 9, 2018