City Trees is a program that plants trees on residents', businesses', and organizations' properties. Planting trees is essential for reducing energy costs, better managing stormwater, reducing atmospheric carbon dioxide, and increasing livability in our city. Healthy trees look beautiful, increase property values, keep the city cooler in the summer, and provide homes for wildlife.
For Businesses and Organizations
The City Trees Program plants trees on eligible Minneapolis businesses' and non-profit organizations' properties. Trees cost $30 each which includes a consultation with a landscaper to find the best trees for your property.
- Fill out the Tree Survey. Requests for spring 2019 plantings are being accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Trees are professionally planted, mulched, and include watering bags to assist you in caring for the trees.
- To qualify, businesses or non-profits must have enough green space to accommodate a tree or trees, water, and maintain the trees (critical for first three years).
The City Trees program also works with Tree Trust (a local nonprofit organization) to provide around 800 trees to Minneapolis property owners. Trees cost $30 for large shade trees and $40 for fruit trees and smaller species. Because of popular demand, the 2019 tree distribution will be administered by lottery.
- The 2019 Tree Sale Lottery is closed. Winners were notified by email on March 18, 2019. If you were selected and would like to see which tree species are available, visit Tree Trust's website.
- All registrations received during the entry period will be put into the lottery drawing. You can register at any time until the lottery closes; the day and time you register has no bearing on how likely you are to be selected for the lottery.
- Only one tree is permitted per property. If you own multiple properties, you will need to enter the lottery one time per property.
- If you are selected, you will be notified and able to choose from several varieties and sizes of trees.
- The 2019 tree distribution will be held May 18, 19, and 20.
If you have questions, contact Project Manager Erin Streff at (612)-673-5815 or [email protected].
Should you require a reasonable accommodation in order to fully participate, or information in an alternative format, please contact 612-673-2301.
Para asistencia 612-673-2700 - Rau kev pab 612-673-2800 - Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500.
Last updated Mar 19, 2019