Minneapolis Fire Department
Fire Chief John Fruetel
The Minneapolis Fire Department has a proud history of providing emergency response to the city of Minneapolis. People who live, work, and play in Minneapolis receive superior emergency services from a diverse, highly skilled firefighting workforce that prides itself on serving the community and enriching the city. Minneapolis firefighters are trained to respond to structure fires, medical emergencies, emergencies on lakes and rivers, technical and hazardous materials crises, and natural disasters citywide.
The Minneapolis Fire Department is a customer service organization committed to providing professional emergency and non-emergency services to protect lives, property and the environment of our community and the region we serve.
News and Events
81 Minutes After The Bridge Collapse: This Exhibit documents the 35W Bridge Collapse in greater Detail. The exhibit is open to the public on Saturdays 9:00 am - 4:00 pm. At the Firefighters Hall and Museum 664 22nd Avenue Northeast Minneapolis, Minnesota 55418 Call 612-623-3817 for more information. [map]
Minneapolis Fire Department History
Minneapolis Fire Station History: A Brief History of MFD Fire Stations from the 1800's to the present.
Hazardous Materials Emergency Response
Fire Prevention Services and Information
- Office of the Fire Marshal
- Fire Safety Videos
- Holiday Cooking: Deep fried turkey fire safety
- Cooking Fires - Do you know what to do? Fire Safety Videos
- Recreational Fires Ordinance
- Recreational Fires Press Release
- B.B.Q. Grills
- Burning Restrictions (Statewide)
- Minneapolis Fire Station Locations
Fire Inspection Services Information
- Fire Inspection Services Home Page
- Contractor Requirements, Permits, Fees, and Forms
- Applications, Forms, & Handouts
- Tenants Rights In Minnesota
- Housing Self Inspection Brochure (pdf)
Emergency Medical Services
Weather Related Links
Community - Access - Response - Engagement - Safety
- Questions about current News and Events call If you are outside the Minneapolis city limits or are unable reach 311, call (612) 673-3000. TTY/TDD customers dial (612) 673-2157.
- Get the latest news through the City's social media sites
Last updated Mar. 31, 2014