Minneapolis Fire Department Training Division
The Training Division consists of the Training Chief and Training Captains.
The Training Division is responsible for administering and documenting all Training activities and Safety Training which include but are not limited to:
- Plan, provide and supervise department fire cadet academy.
- Emergency Medical Training and recertification for department.
- Coordinate training activities with city, county and state agencies.
- Ensure compliance with standards and legal requirements.
- Training and implementation of new apparatus and equipment.
- Develop, recommend and implement safe operational practices.
- Conduct promotional exams in conjunction with HR Dept.
- Research recommendations, provide training in new concepts.
- Plan and coordinate continuing education programs.
- Conduct live training fires in burn building to improve skills for both MFD and firefighters from the surrounding communities.
- Perform annual and semiannual OSHA testing as required
- Train all Minneapolis Firefighters in Haz-Mat Response to the Technician level or higher.
Last updated Mar 26, 2019