- Be sure the campfires are permitted in your area.
- Keep fires 25' away from structures or anything that can burn.
- Do not burn on windy, dry days.
- Never let children play near the fire.
- Attend to the campfire at all times.
- Keep campfire small & easy to control.
- Never use gasoline or combustible liquids on a campfire.
- Always have a hose, bucket of water or sand and a shovel nearby.
- Make sure fire is completely out before leaving the site.
Did you Know...
About every three hours, a person or vehicle is hit by a train in the U.S.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and Federal Railroad Administration have launched a new railroad crossing safety ad campaign. Its message is simple: Stop. Trains can’t.
- Slow down, look both ways and listen
- Do not enter the crossing unless you are sure you can make it completely across
- Never race a train
- Never stop on tracks
To learn more about how you can improve rail safety as a motorist or pedestrian visit FRA’s interactive graphic.
For more information about “Stop. Trains Can’t.” visit the campaign webpage.
News and Events
MFD Deploys SafetyNet System
Safety Net enables MFD to quickly find and rescue individuals with autism, Alzheimer's, dementia and other similar cognitive conditions who have wandered and become lost. Once enrolled in the service your loved one wears a Safety Net Tracking Bracelet. Each Bracelet emits a signal on a channel used by MFD for tracking people at risk. Safety Net Tracking™ Service is currently available in 18 states located across the country and it has assisted public safety with many successful rescues since its inception.
Fire Station 6
View Larger Map
Fire Station 6
121 East 15th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55403
In an emergency Call 911 – Do not call the fire station directly.
Other Contact Information
Minneapolis Fire Department
City Hall, 350 S 5th St., Room 233
Minneapolis, MN 55415
General Information: (612) 673-2890
Fire Department Fax: (612) 673-2828
Fire Department TTY: (612) 673-2157
Originally opened as Station H with Hose 6 and Steamer 4 located at 228 South 12th Street in 1883. January 12, 1891 the department was reorganized and Station H became Station 6. It was relocated in 1931 to 30 South 13th Street with Engine 6, Ladder 11, Rescue 1 and Smoke Ejector. Relocated in November 1982 to its present location with Engine 6 and Ladder 11 and Chief 1 at 121 East 15th Street.
- Hose 6 and Steamer 4 in service 1883
- Engine 6 in service 1885
- Smoke Ejector in service 1962 to 1981
- Ladder 11 in service 1928
- Engine 26 moved into station when Station 26 closed in 1947 to 1971
- Rescue 1 added 1931 to 1971
- Rescue 1 reorganized February 2001
Last updated Jun 22, 2016