- Be sure the campfires are permitted in your area.
- Keep fires 25' away from structures or anything that can burn.
- Do not burn on windy, dry days.
- Never let children play near the fire.
- Attend to the campfire at all times.
- Keep campfire small & easy to control.
- Never use gasoline or combustible liquids on a campfire.
- Always have a hose, bucket of water or sand and a shovel nearby.
- Make sure fire is completely out before leaving the site.
Did you Know...
About every three hours, a person or vehicle is hit by a train in the U.S.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and Federal Railroad Administration have launched a new railroad crossing safety ad campaign. Its message is simple: Stop. Trains can’t.
- Slow down, look both ways and listen
- Do not enter the crossing unless you are sure you can make it completely across
- Never race a train
- Never stop on tracks
To learn more about how you can improve rail safety as a motorist or pedestrian visit FRA’s interactive graphic.
For more information about “Stop. Trains Can’t.” visit the campaign webpage.
News and Events
MFD Deploys SafetyNet System
Safety Net enables MFD to quickly find and rescue individuals with autism, Alzheimer's, dementia and other similar cognitive conditions who have wandered and become lost. Once enrolled in the service your loved one wears a Safety Net Tracking Bracelet. Each Bracelet emits a signal on a channel used by MFD for tracking people at risk. Safety Net Tracking™ Service is currently available in 18 states located across the country and it has assisted public safety with many successful rescues since its inception.
Fire Station 21
View Larger Map
Fire Station 21
3209 E. 38th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55406
In an emergency Call 911 – Do not call the fire station directly.
Other Contact Information
Minneapolis Fire Department
City Hall, 350 S 5th St., Room 233
Minneapolis, MN 55415
General Information: (612) 673-2890
Fire Department Fax: (612) 673-2828
Fire Department TTY: (612) 673-2157
Originally located at 3800 Minnehaha Avenue South in 1894 with Chemical 10. It closed in 1961 when new Station 21 was relocated to its present location at 3209 East 38th Street with Engine 21 and Ladder 2. The Minnehaha location is now Patrick's Cabaret.
- Chemical 10 in service from 1894 to 1901
- Hose 21 in service replacing Chemical 10 in 1901
- Ladder 8 in service in 1906
- Engine 21 in service in 1921
- Combination 21 Replaces Engine 21 and Ladder 8 in 1934
- Engine 21 and Ladder 2 replace Combination 21 in 1949
- Ladder 2 disbanded in 2003
- Ladder 2 back in service in 2008
Last updated Jun 22, 2016