Environmental Health - Food, Lodging & Pools
Food Safety Materials for Businesses
Visit the Food Safety webpage for useful checklists, cooling and temperature logs, and other resources.
To learn more about Food Safety programs and the requirements for opening or operating businesses in the City of Minneapolis, visit the pages listed under Food, Lodging, and Pools and see Enforcement and Ordinances.
Minneapolis hot dog stand provides lesson on good governance
Teen's hot dog stand serves up food, inspiration with Minneapolis inspectors' blessing
Dancer's suit may spur new labor rules for Minneapolis strip clubs
Not all Minneapolis food trucks get an annual inspection
Short-staffed Minneapolis Health Department juggles growing inspection caseload
Restaurant inspectors shift attention to high-risk violations
Minneapolis translates kitchen safety for immigrants
Written food safety test is hurdle for Somali businesses
Legislative and Ordinance Updates
Cottage Food Bill Law Updates
Affects home processor and pickle bill vendors registered with the City of Minneapolis. On July 1, 2015, changes to the cottage food bill require vendors to register with the Minnesota Department of Agriculture.
Environmental Health - Food, Lodging & Pools works to protect the health and safety of the public.
We do this by regulating:
- Food establishments
- Hotels and Motels
- Swimming pools
- Body art establishments
- Laundry/dry cleaning operations
- Tanning facilities
- Conduct health inspections.
- Investigate complaints and outbreaks.
- Enforce applicable city ordinances, state laws, and federal regulations.
- The Minneapolis Environmental Health - Food, Lodging and Pools team. In addition to English, team members speak Spanish, Somali, Hmong, Portuguese, Lao, Thai and Korean. April 2018
We work closely with our partners to ensure that our residents and business communities have access to the information and resources they need. Our partners include:
- Minnesota Department of Health ( MDH)
- Minnesota Department of Agriculture ( MDA )
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration ( FDA )
- U.S. Department of Agriculture ( USDA )
- University of Minnesota
Should you require a reasonable accommodation in order to fully participate, or information in an alternative format, please contact 612-673-2301.
Para asistencia 612-673-2700 - Rau kev pab 612-673-2800 - Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500.
Last updated Sep 11, 2018