Food, Lodging & Pools
East African Business Community Forum
Waaxda Caafimaadka iyo ta Shati-ganacsi-bixinta ee Magaalada Minneapolis waxay ku marti-qaadayaan dhamaan madaxda iyo mulkiilayaasha ganacsiga ee kasoo jeeda Africada bari ee reer Minneapolis inay ka soo qayb-galaan shirka Jaaliyada Ganacsatada East Africa.
The City of Minneapolis Health Department and Business Licensing Department invites all East African owners and managers of food businesses licensed in Minneapolis to the 8th East African Business Community Forum.
Goorma / When
October 17, 2017
9:00 - 11:00 am
Goobta / Where
Phillips Community Center Gym
2323 11th Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55404
Mowduucyada shirka / Discussion topics
- Cusboonaysiinta xeerka cusub ee daryeelka wakhtiga shaqaalahu xanuunsado / An update on the new Sick and Safe Time ordinance
- Mamnuucida tubaakada lagu daro kiimikada la yiraahdo menthol / The menthol tobacco ban
- Koorsada tababarka maaraynta cuntada oo af-Soomaali lagu dhigayo / Certified food manager training classes in Somali
- Tababarka fayadhowrka cuntada oo Soomaali ku baxaya oo bilaash ah / Additional free food safety training in Somali
- Su’aalaha ku saabsan kormeerada caafimaadka / Health inspection questions
- Jabinta shatiga ganacsiga ee ugu badan / Business Licensing common violations
Food Safety Materials for Businesses
Visit the Food Safety webpage for useful checklists, cooling and temperature logs, other resources and informative articles
To learn more about Food Safety programs and the requirements for opening or operating businesses in the City of Minneapolis, visit the pages listed under Food, Lodging, and Pools and see Enforcement and Ordinances.
Restaurant inspectors shift attention to high-risk violations
http://www.startribune.com/illness-risks-take-a-larger-role-in-local-restaurant-inspections/375274261/ Minneapolis translates kitchen safety for immigrants
http://www.startribune.com/minneapolis-translates-kitchen-safety-for-immigrant-restaurateurs/374381301/ Written food safety test is hurdle for Somali businesses
Minneapolis Offers First Somali-Language Food Safety Course
Legislative and Ordinance Updates
Cottage Food Bill Law Updates
(affecting home processor and pickle bill vendors registered with the City of Minneapolis) On July 1, 2015, changes to the cottage food bill require vendors to register with the Minnesota Department of Agriculture.
On July 1, 2015, changes to the cottage food bill require vendors to register with the Minnesota Department of Agriculture.
Food, Lodging & Pools works to protect the health and safety of the public.
We do this by regulating:
- Food establishments
- Swimming pools
- Body art establishments
- Laundry/dry cleaning operations
- Tanning facilities
- Conduct health inspections
- Investigate complaints and outbreaks
- Enforce applicable city ordinances, state laws, and federal regulations
The Food, Lodging and Pools team. In addition to English, team members speak Spanish, Somali, Mandarin Chinese, Hmong, Portuguese, Lao and Korean. April 2017
We work closely with our partners to ensure that our residents and business communities have access to the information and resources they need. Our partners include:
Should you require a reasonable accommodation in order to fully participate, or information in an alternative format, please contact 612-673-2301.
Para asistencia 612-673-2700 - Rau kev pab 612-673-2800 - Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500
Last updated Oct 13, 2017