Physicals, immunizations, treatment of minor illness and injury, pregnancy tests, sexually transmitted disease (STD) testing and treatment, family planning exams, and prescriptions.
Prevention, early intervention, treatment and referrals.
Typical issues include: depression, anxiety, stress, family and relationship issues, academic issues, and planning for the future.
Students self-refer or are referred by staff, parents, or administrators.
Assessment includes: psychosocial screening given to all new clients and a formal diagnostic assessment for all clients participating in ongoing therapy services.
Counseling for sports nutrition, special diets for weight gain/loss, vegetarian diets, and other special dietary needs.
Both individual and classroom presentations on a variety of health issues.
Routine blood and urine tests, throat cultures, diabetes tests, STD and pregnancy tests.
Prescriptions are available
Health Assessment and Physical Exams
- Routine physicals and health screening
- Sports and employment physicals
- Blood pressure screening
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Minor Illness and Injury
- Flu and colds
- Sore throats
- Sprains and cuts
- Abstinence counseling
- Contraceptive counseling
- Prescriptions and medical referrals - for condoms, birth control
- Menstrual problems
- Sexually transmitted infections - education, diagnosis, treatment
- Pregnancy services - pregnancy tests, referrals for prenatal care
- Routine blood tests
- Urine tests
- Throat cultures
- Weight management
- Sports nutrition
- High blood pressure, anemia, high cholesterol
- Eating disorders
Social Work and Mental Health Counseling
- Counseling for a wide range of mental health issues
- Immunizations - Mumps, Measles, Rubella (MMR); Polio (IPV); Tetanus and diphtheria (TD); Tetanus, Diphtheria & Pertussis (Tdap); Hepatitis B, Meningitis (Menactra), and HPV (Gardasil)
- Smoking prevention and stop-smoking counseling
- STI prevention education
- Classroom presentations on topics of interest to students/teachers
Minneapolis School Based Clinics is a program of the Minneapolis Health Department
Should you require a reasonable accommodation in order to fully participate, or information in an alternative format, please contact 612-673-2301.
Para asistencia 612-673-2700 - Rau kev pab 612-673-2800 - Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500.
Last updated Aug 13, 2018