Benefits at the City of Minneapolis
Wellness Program Changes for 2020
My Health Rewards by Medica is now delivered from a new digital platform by Virgin Pulse, a pioneer in digital health and wellness solutions.
As a result, you’ll notice many cool new features and a few changes in how the program works:
- You’ll access My Health Rewards on a new platform, so you’ll have to create a new account.
- A mobile app will make it easy (and fun) to earn and track points right from your smartphone or tablet.
- There will be new ways to earn points, plus most of your old favorites will be available, too.
- The number of points needed to earn program rewards will be different. The biggest reward – a preferred premium on your 2021 health insurance – will be awarded at 3,000 points instead of 300.
- Don’t worry. The health actions will have new point values, too. For example, the health assessment and biometric screenings will each be worth 1,000 points. The point scale is changing, but it won’t be more difficult to earn the preferred premium rate.
- You can still trade the points you earn for up to $100 in gift cards, but they’ll be awarded in different increments on a different schedule.
- More reward options will provide exciting new ways to use your points.
Go to the 2020 Wellness Program page for more information about how to earn points and logging on. In addition, watch for complete details in a brochure that will be mailed to your home address in mid to late January.
Contact HR Through CityLife
- Contact the City of MInneapolis Human Resources Department by submitting a request
- Find answers to frequently asked questions
- Browse the knowledge library for helpful articles
- View your past and present inquiries
- Request software, hardware, computer and phone accessories
- See important IT and HR announcements
Health and Wellness
Ongoing Programs and Resources
Discounted health club memberships
Medica Fit Choices Reimbursement for regular health club attendance
Medica Optum Health Employee Assistance Program
Showers, lockers, and bicycle racks
List of lactation rooms
Desk Yogi subscription
For Your Information
Last updated Jan 8, 2020