Human Resources Department

Public Service Center
250 South 4th Street, Room 100
Minneapolis, MN 55415

(612) 673-2282

Office Hours:
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday

Patience Ferguson, Chief HR Officer

Bargaining Unit Information (PDF)

Labor Agreements

Listed below (and in the drop down menu to the left) are links to the labor agreements and salary schedules that have been approved between the City of Minneapolis and bargaining units.

To find out which agreement covers you or for more information about the labor agreements, contact your Human Resources Generalist or the Employee Services Division.

911 Unit (MnPEA)Laborers (#363)
AFSCME Attorneys (#9)Machinists Lodge (#77)
AFSCME General Unit (#9)Police Officers Federation
Building Trades (Inspectors) Professional Employees (MPEA)
Building Trades (Journeymen)Professional Engineers (Public Works)
Building Trades (Water Maint Tech)Stagehands (IATSE #13)
Construction Equipment (IUOE #49)Stationary Engineers (IUOE #70)
Electrical Technicians (#292)Supervisors Association
Electricians (#292)TEAMSTERS 9-1-1 Supervisors (#320)
Fire ChiefsTEAMSTERS Convention Center Janitors (#320)
Fire Fighters (#82)TEAMSTERS Truck Drivers (#320)
Foremens AssociationWater Works Maintenance (Plumbers #15)

Outside Trades


For additional information on Compensation and Salary Schedules, please follow the provided links:

If a situation arises that requires extending temporary employment, the manager or supervisor should contact his/her Human Resources Generalist. There may be a need to check the involved labor agreements for specific language regarding the manner of extending temporary employment. A Letter of Agreement for Extension of Permit may need to be drawn up.*

Letter of Agreement for Extension of Detail, please follow the provided link.

* - For the Department of Public Works, please use the following link for Extension Requests (doc).

Questions, suggestions for improvement, or to comment on the Labor Agreements page, please contact Laura Davis at (612) 673-3521.

Last updated Mar 23, 2017



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 


311 call center

TTY relay service


facebook25x25 twitter25x25 youtube25x25 Minneapolis311icon logo tv 14 footer icon image linkedin_32x32