The Impound Lot will be open to the public on Friday, July 3, from 8:00AM to 10:00PM, and will be closed on Saturday, July 4. Normal hours will resume on Sunday, July 5, from 9:00AM to 5:00PM.
Within 72 hours, the City mails a notice to the registered owner of the vehicle. If the vehicle is not picked up within 15 days of the notice, it may be sold at auction.
Why did it get towed?
Vehicles are towed for many reasons, including:
- illegally parking or blocking traffic
- by police orders (e.g. it's in an accident, stolen, or involved in a crime)
- violating snow emergency rules
- blocking street sweeping, seal coating, or street maintenance
- if it's abandoned
- if it poses a danger to public safety
Avoid Being Towed
Reduce the possibility of your car being towed:
- Follow permanent and temporary street signs carefully
- Be sure to adhere to parking meter rates and restrictions
- Learn the rules about parking during a Snow Emergency
Last updated Jun 25, 2015