Rental Property Owners Workshop (RPOW)
The City of Minneapolis provides a monthly comprehensive workshop for rental property owners and managers. The Rental Property Owners Workshop (RPOW) is presented by Housing Inspections and Police Department staff, and covers the City’s rental license ordinance, housing code, and neighborhood crime prevention resources. You can submit proof of attendance at this course to receive a $250 discount on your $1,000 conversion fee, or to receive a $250 reimbursement on a $1,000 conversion fee you have paid in the last two years.
RPOW is free to attend, and takes place at the Minneapolis Police Department's Third Precinct. Upcoming workshop dates are:
Wednesday, November 21– RESCHEDULED - November 14
- Saturday, December 8, 2018 – 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 16, 2019 -- 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday, February 9, 2019 -- 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 20, 2019 -- 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Submit your registration via Google Form.
Other Rental Property Management Courses
In addition to the workshop offered by the City of Minneapolis, these three organizations offer approved rental property management courses:
- HOME Line - Training Designed for Landlords & Managers
- The Minnesota Multi Housing Association
- Online video training provided by Lutheran Social Services
Other courses will need supervisory review and approval.
Last updated Nov 19, 2018