Information Technology (IT)
We, at the City of Minneapolis IT Department, help departments leverage technology to meet their business needs to:
- Provide better services to constituents and stakeholders
- Promote increased citizen participation in government
- Enhance staff productivity
- Capture efficiencies with enterprise technology investments
We serve the community is several ways:
- Facilitate being transparent with the City's data through visualizations, maps and open data
- Host digital inclusion events including Fix-it Tech days and others
Values and Mission
- Professional: We deal with customers and colleagues directly, with honesty, integrity, courtesy, and respect.
- Partnership: We build partnerships through strong professional relationships with customers, vendors, and colleagues.
- Proactive and Responsive: We take initiative in providing excellent service delivery while remaining flexible and responsive to customer needs.
- Passionate: We take pride in and show enthusiasm and commitment for our work.
- Customer-Centered: Our service delivery is focused on clearly understanding customer needs and improving business outcomes. Our customers may be City departments, businesses, citizens, or other stakeholders.
- Integrated and Enterprise-Focused: We are committed to leveraging technology investments across departments for the greater good of the enterprise.
Our mission is to deliver innovative, high quality, cost effective computing, networking, information management and business apps management services to City departments in support of their business goals and objectives. We strive to be a valued partner in technology by providing innovative solutions to City needs, challenges and opportunities.
Last updated Mar 17, 2020