Internships benefit both students and the City of Minneapolis.
Student interns benefit by:
• Gaining work experience and transferable skills
• Applying methods learned at school in a work setting
• Networking with professionals while gaining references and potentially future employment opportunities
• Building confidence in their abilities
• Possibly earning college credit
Student interns also learn skills while refining others.
The City of Minneapolis benefits by:
• Giving back to the community by providing learning opportunities to students
• Identifying future talent
• Creating pathways for students to gain access to City employment
• Gaining new perspectives and ideas
• Hiring individuals to work on special projects when additional support is needed
By utilizing interns, the City also gains connections to many other potential student interns and future employees.
Last updated Aug 16, 2017