Community Planning & Economic Development

Business Licenses & Consumer Services
350 S. 5th Street, Room 1
Minneapolis, MN 55415
Phone: (612) 673-2080
Fax: (612) 673-3399

Monday through Thursday
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Friday 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM

Visit Business Portal button

Didn't find what you are looking for?  Visit the Contact 311 web page for information about the City and City services.



Date:  Wednesday, March 13, 2018   

Time:  1:30 p.m. or shortly thereafter

Place:  Minneapolis City Hall
             350 South 5th Street, Room 317
             Minneapolis, MN 55415

Purpose:  To gather public opinion and solicit comments regarding the application from Finnegan’s House for an On-Sale Liquor with Sunday Sales, Taproom, Class B and an Off-Sale Malt Liquor (Growler) License. If approved they intend to operate a taproom and sell the growlers they make for consumption on premises and 750 ML bottles for consumption off premises. The proposed licensed premises will have 378 indoor seats and 200 seats on an outdoor private patio.

Applicant’s Name (Legal Entity): Finnegan's Brew Co., LLC

DBA/Trade Name: Finnegan’s House

Complete Address: 817 5th Ave South

Telephone Number: 612-501-7707

Current License: None

Requested License:  On-Sale Liquor Taproom, Class B with Sunday Sales and an Off-Sale Malt Liquor (Growler).

Nature of Entertainment:  The Class B License permits live music and recorded amplified music and singing without limiting the number of musicians or singers. Dancing and singing by patrons and disc jockey services are permitted. Stage shows, skits, vaudeville, theater, contests, dancing by employees or agents of the licensee, and patron participation in any of the aforementioned are prohibited. 

Off Street Parking:  The Zoning Department requires zero off-street parking spaces for this use. 
You are invited to attend, express your opinions, and/or submit such in writing to Inspector Sheila Larsen at 612-3910. 

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact the Licenses and Consumer Services Division at 612-673-2080.  People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 or 612-673-3000.  TTY users call 612-673-2157.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700. Rau kev pab 612-673-2800. Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500.

Last updated Feb 27, 2018



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 


311 call center

TTY relay service

City of Minneapolis Facebook City of Minneapolis Twitter City of Minneapolis YouTube ChaNNEL Minneapolis 311 Minneapolis 14 Government TV City of Minneapolis LinkedIn

Minneapolis, City of Lakes logo