A security plan protects your patrons, employees, and business. Here is a list of items to consider. Not all questions may apply to your business.
1. Security Staff: Contracted employees? Off-duty police officers? Managers and supervisors? Cross-trained bartenders, hosts, or servers?
2. Scheduling: Days? Hours? Summer vs. winter? Special events at your business or in the city?
3. Duties: Inside the premises? Outside the premises? Frequency of rounds?
4. Philosophy: Respectful enforcement? Escorting the premises? Working in teams?
5. How will you address loitering? Rounds? Dedicated parking lot security staff?
6. Do you plan to create a No Admittance List?
7. How will you deal with disorderly patrons? Illegal behaviors? High level criminal activity?
8. Exterior Premises: Security Cameras? Lights? Enclosures?
9. How will you handle excessive noise or noise complaints?
10. How will you manage party buses? Pedal pubs?
11. Will you use valet services? Contracted or in-house? Include information about protecting customers during high volume and closing time.
12. Do you have a partnership with the local precinct?
14. What are your exit strategies?
- Weekends, special events, emergencies?
- Closing time: Will you inform customers in advance? Alter lights and/or music?
- End service?Late hours: Escorts? Parking lot monitoring? Traffic management?
15. Do you have reporting procedures for incidents? Both minor and serious?
16. How often will you review your security plan for effectiveness?
17. How will you tell employees about your policies, incidents, and updates?
Contact Business Licenses.
For reasonable accommodations, or alternative formats, call or email 311. People who are deaf, or hard of hearing, can use a relay service to call 311 at 612- 673-3000. TTY users can call 612- 673-2157 or 612- 673-2626.
Para asistencia 612- 673-2700. Yog xav tau kev pab hu 612- 637-2800. Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500.
Last updated Jul 9, 2019