City of Minneapolis
Licenses and Consumer Services
350 South 5th Street – Room 1C
Minneapolis, MN 55415–1391
Fax: 612-673-3399 TTY: 612-673-2157
What types of food can be sold from a Sidewalk Food Cart located in Minneapolis?
1) Pre-wrapped or packaged non-hazardous foods: (popcorn, candy, canned/bottled beverages, cookies, tortilla chips, packaged ice cream)
2) Precooked ready to eat sausages, wieners, polish sausages, cooked bratwurst, frankfurters
3) Hot holding of precooked food produced at a Licensed Food Service Establishment
4) Hand dipped ice cream
5) Hot/cold beverages (coffee, tea, soda)
6) Other foods approved by the Minneapolis Environmental Health Department
For additional questions regarding what types of foods can be sold from a food cart, contact your Minneapolis Health Inspector at 612-673-2170.
Last updated Mar 19, 2012