Development Services Customer Service Center
Effective Monday, March 30, 2020 and continuing for the duration of Governor Walz Stay At Home executive order, the CPED Customer Service Center (CSC) – also referred to as Minneapolis Development Review (MDR) – will not be accepting any dropped off or mailed paper permit applications or other supporting documentation such as plans, construction documents, etc.
View the electronic permit submittal options.
To ensure the safety, health and livability of our community, the City of Minneapolis requires permits or licenses for development, constructions, remodeling and renovation projects. Development Review Customer Service Center staff are committed to helping contractors, developers, commercial owners, homeowners and landlords navigate the process and efficiently obtain all reviews, licenses, permits and inspections.
Customer Focused, Outcome Based, and Performance Driven
How Do I . . .
- Due to high volumes of projects currently under review, longer timelines may be experienced. We would like to thank you in advance for your patience with us. Your reviews will be completed as quickly as we can. Thank you for doing business in the City of Minneapolis. **
New & Noteworthy
- General process steps to convert an existing structure to a duplex or triplex (PDF)
- Notice - Park Dedication Fee Increase - April 1, 2020 (PDF)
- Permit fee changes effective June 1, 2019 - The annual rate increase to the Director’s Fee Schedule is authorized by Minneapolis Code of Ordinances, Section 91.70. The 2019 adjustment of 2% is effective June 1, 2019 and is reflected in the 2019 Director's Fee Schedule (coming soon). Please remember to clear your web browser cache to remove cookies before opening or downloading the new permit applications or fee schedules.
- Effective immediately, the Business Licensing Counter will not be open on Fridays until after 10:00 a.m.
- Important Change to the Minnesota Building Code Plan Review Letter (PDF)
- Recently Revised Document - "Checklist for Construction of New One and Two Family Homes" (PDF)
- Residential Construction Management Agreement (PDF)
- City of Minneapolis Parkland Dedication Ordinance FAQ (PDF)
- Incentives and Rebates for Dealers and Contractors
- Critical Parking Permits
Last updated Mar 31, 2020