Committee of the Whole Agenda
Standing Committee of the City Council, Minneapolis, Minnesota
May 5, 2016 – 10:00 a.m.
Room 317, City Hall
Members Present: Council Members Elizabeth Glidden (Chair), Barbara Johnson, Lisa Bender, Alondra Cano, Jacob Frey, Lisa Goodman, Cam Gordon, Andrew Johnson, Linea Palmisano, John Quincy,
Kevin Reich, Abdi Warsame, and Blong Yang (Quorum 7)
Council Committee Coordinator: Diana Armstrong, 612-673-2371
Referred from City Council March 18, 2016
1. Workplace Partnership Group staff direction (16-00390)
1. Receiving staff report on recommendations submitted by the Workplace Regulations Partnership Group for a municipal earned sick leave policy, including:
1. Draft an ordinance for a municipal earned sick leave policy for City Council consideration.
2. Proposed program to administer the municipal earned sick leave policy.
3. Responses to mitigate, minimize, or resolve outstanding issues and concerns, including but not limited to issues identified in the WPG Report regarding casual employees and others with unique employment arrangements, issues articulated in the Cramer dissenting opinion, and those issues collected through community listening sessions related to a proposed municipal earned sick leave policy.
2. Setting a public hearing to receive comments on the proposed municipal earned sick leave policy ordinance.
Action Taken: Received and filed.
Notice: A portion of this meeting may be closed to the public pursuant to MN Statutes Section 13D.03 or 13D.05
Next Committee Meeting: May 11, 2016
Committee actions will be referred to the next Council Meeting: May 13, 2016
Submit written comments about agenda items to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats please contact the City Clerk's Office at 612-673-2216 or e-mail Councilcommitteecoordinators@minneapolismn.gov. People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000. TTY users call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626. Para asistencia 612-673-2700 - Rau kev pab 612-673-2800 - Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500.
Last updated May 5, 2016