REGULAR MEETING AGENDA: TUESDAY, MAY 16, 2017
Fatimat Porter– 612.673.3153
Laura Faucher, Chair | Diana Dyste | Laurel Fritz | Barbara Howard | Susan Hunter Weir
Ginny Lackovic | Linda Mack | Dan Olson | Ian Stade | Madelyn Sundberg
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF ACTIONS FROM THE MAY 02, 2017 MEETING
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
Staff report by Jim Voll, BZH 28284
The Department of Community Planning and Economic Development recommends that the Heritage Preservation Commission adopt staff findings and adopt the I.O.O.F. Hennepin Lodge #4 Design Guidelines:
A. Design Guideline Adoption
Recommended motion: Adopt the I.O.O.F Hennepin Lodge #4 design guidelines.
2. C. A. Smith Lumber Historic District, Ward 4
Staff report by Jim Voll, BZH 28734
The Department of Community Planning and Economic Development recommends that the Heritage Preservation Commission adopt staff findings and adopt the C.A. Smith Lumber Historic District Design Guidelines:
A. Design Guideline Adoption
Recommended motion: Adopt the C.A. Smith Historic District design guidelines.
Please note: if you plan on speaking, please sign in on the sheet located in the hallway, and then state your name and address clearly into the microphone when you come up to speak.
3. 700-708 Third Street South, Ward 3
Staff report by Hilary Dvorak, PLAN4111
The Department of Community Planning and Economic Development recommends that the Heritage Preservation Commission adopt staff findings for the application by Sherman Associates for the properties located at 700-708 South Third Street:
A. Certificate of Appropriateness.
Recommended motion: Approve the certificate of appropriateness to allow the rehabilitation of the Advance Thresher/Emerson-Newton Company building located at 700-708 South Third Street, subject to the following conditions:
- The hotel shall be allowed to have ten signs; one window sign, two wall signs, five fabric awning signs, one projecting sign and one canopy sign.
- The projecting sign may be located 28 feet above grade, 64 square feet in size and project eight feet from the building wall.
- The first floor commercial tenant within the hotel shall be allowed to have nine signs; one window sign, two wall signs and six fabric awning signs.
- By ordinance, approvals are valid for a period of two years from the date of the decision unless required permits are obtained and the action approved is substantially begun and proceeds in a continuous basis toward completion. Upon written request and for good cause, the planning director may grant up to a one year extension if the request is made in writing no later than May 16, 2019.
- By ordinance, all approvals granted in this certificate of appropriateness shall remain in effect as long as all of the conditions and guarantees of such approvals are observed. Failure to comply with such conditions and guarantees shall constitute a violation of this certificate of appropriateness and may result in termination of the approval.
• Please contact staff after the hearing if you have any questions regarding your project.
• Heritage Preservation Commission decisions are final unless appealed.
• The meeting site is wheelchair accessible. For other reasonable accommodations, such as a sign language interpreter or materials in an alternative format, please contact Fatimat Porter (612-673-3153) at least five days prior to the meeting. The lead time needed to provide reasonable accommodations (physical, visual, language interpretation and American Sign Language) are five business days.
• Para asistencia 612-673-2700 - Rau kev pab 612-673-2800 - Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500
Last updated May 9, 2017