MINNEAPOLIS HERITAGE PRESERVATION COMMISSION
4:30 p.m. | City Hall, Room 317 | 350 South 5th Street | Minneapolis, MN 55415
Fatimat Porter – 612.673.3153
Laura Faucher, Chair | Diana Dyste | Laurel Fritz | Barbara Howard | Susan Hunter Weir
Ginny Lackovic | Linda Mack | Dan Olson | Ian Stade | Madelyn Sundberg
PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
APPROVAL OF ACTIONS FROM THE SEPTEMBER 12, 2017 MEETING
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
(THE COMMISSION MAY TAKE ACTION ON ITEMS AS PART OF A CONSENT AGENDA AT THE BEGINNING OF THE MEETING. IN THESE INSTANCES, THE COMMISSION CHAIR WILL OPEN THE PUBLIC HEARING AT THE BEGINNING OF THE MEETING AND WILL ASK WHETHER ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO PROVIDE TESTIMONY OR EXPRESS CONCERNS ABOUT ITEMS RECOMMENDED FOR THE CONSENT AGENDA. IF YOU PLAN TO SPEAK TO AN ISSUE ON THE AGENDA, IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU ARRIVE AT THE MEETING AT 4:30 OR CONTACT THE ASSIGNED CITY STAFF PERSON IN ADVANCE. PLEASE CONTACT CPED STAFF WITH ANY QUESTIONS THAT YOU HAVE ABOUT THE CONSENT AGENDA.)
Please note: if you plan on speaking, please sign in on the sheet located in the hallway, and then state your name and address clearly into the microphone when you come up to speak.
1. 424 Washington Avenue North, Ward 3
The Department of Community Planning and Economic Development recommends that the Heritage Preservation Commission adopt staff findings for the Certificate of Appropriateness by Jennifer Kaplan for the property located at 424 Washington Ave N in the Minneapolis Warehouse Historic District:
A. Certificate of Appropriateness.
- The replacement brick and mortar shall match the original brick and mortar in material, color, profile, dimension and texture. The applicant shall reuse the existing brick proposed to be removed to infill areas of the wall, where possible.
- Removal of the existing mortar with power tools shall be done in accordance with the National Park Service Technical Preservation Brief for Repointing Mortar Joints.
- The landscaping and screening required between the surface parking lot and the street shall include plantings and fencing that comply with Guideline 1.12 and shall enhance the pedestrian realm. Further, the landscaping shall evoke a sense of the volunteer nature of vegetation in an industrial setting. The required screening shall be a 3-foot tall, open, decorative metal fence.
- By ordinance, approvals are valid for a period of two years from the date of the decision unless required permits are obtained and the action approved is substantially begun and proceeds in a continuous basis toward completion. Upon written request and for good cause, the planning director may grant up to a one year extension if the request is made in writing no later than September 26, 2019.
- By ordinance, all approvals granted in this certificate of appropriateness shall remain in effect as long as all of the conditions and guarantees of such approvals are observed. Failure to comply with such conditions and guarantees shall constitute a violation of this certificate of appropriateness and may result in termination of the approval.
NEXT REGULAR HERITAGE PRESERVATION COMMISSION MEETING: OCTOBER 10, 2017
Last updated Sep 18, 2017