4:30 p.m. | City Hall, Room 317 | 350 South 5th Street | Minneapolis, MN 55415
Rachel Blanford – 612.673.3153
Ginny Lackovic, Chair | Diana Dyste | Laurel Fritz | Barbara Howard | Jesse Kling | Linda Mack
Kimberly Sandbulte | Ian Stade | Madelyn Sundberg | Claire VanderEyk
PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
APPROVAL OF ACTIONS FROM THE MAY 21, 2019 MEETING
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
The commission may take action on items as part of a consent agenda at the beginning of the meeting. In these instances, the commission president will open the public hearing at the beginning of the meeting and will ask whether anyone would like to provide testimony or express concerns about items recommended for the consent agenda. If you plan to speak to an issue on the agenda, it is recommended that you arrive at the meeting at 4:30 or contact the assigned city staff person in advance. Please contact CPED staff with any questions that you have about the consent agenda.
Please note: if you plan on speaking, please sign in on the sheet located in the hallway, and then state your name and address clearly into the microphone when you come up to speak.
The Department of Community Planning and Economic Development recommends that the Heritage Preservation Commission adopt staff findings for the applications DeMars Signs, Inc. for the property located at 25 Island Ave W in the St. Anthony Falls Historic District:
A. Certificate of Appropriateness.
1. The existing sign shall be entirely removed, and the building wall and brick repaired to a reasonable condition.
2. The wall sign shall be attached to the building through the mortar joints.
4. The proposed sign shall not interrupt the soldier course at the bottom of the brick archway.
5. Electrical conduit and lighting fixtures shall be attached to the wall sign and not be attached to the building.
6. By ordinance, approvals are valid for a period of two years from the date of the decision unless required permits are obtained and the action approved is substantially begun and proceeds in a continuous basis toward completion. Upon written request and for good cause, the planning director may grant up to a one-year extension if the request is made in writing no later than June 11, 2021.
7. By ordinance, all approvals granted in this certificate of appropriateness shall remain in effect as long as all of the conditions and guarantees of such approvals are observed. Failure to comply with such conditions and guarantees shall constitute a violation of this certificate of appropriateness and may result in termination of the approval.
B. Historic Variance of the sign regulations.
NEXT REGULAR HERITAGE PRESERVATION COMMISSION MEETING: JUNE 25, 2019
Last updated Jun 5, 2019