File Number: 15-01045
Downtown East Commons concept design approval and implementation
- Approving the concept design for the Commons, subject to condition.
- Authorizing Green Minneapolis to undertake a fundraising campaign to support the design, construction and operation of the Commons.
- Authorizing agreement(s) with Green Minneapolis and Ryan Companies for construction of an initial phase of enhancements to the Commons consistent with the Concept Design.
- Authorizing amendments to the existing loan and disbursement agreements for the Commons project.
- Affirming that $2 million of the design and project management costs already authorized by the City will not be replenished from the fundraising campaign.
- Reserving for the City Council the authority to approve the operator of the Commons, as well as the Commons' annual budget.
Staff is directed to:
- Bring forward a list of potential funding mechanisms for operations and maintenance of the “Commons.” Staff shall provide funding options – both private and public – based on the cost of maintenance and sources of operating revenue for comparable urban parks across the country. Analysis of revenue generating design features should also be included.
- Provide an updated analysis regarding the number of days that MSFA/Vikings have the right to book events. This analysis should account for new information that Major League Soccer will not be housed at U.S. Bank stadium, it should delineate between public access on east and west “Commons” blocks, and should account for the potential for Vikings tents to be placed on the Medical Examiners block and not the “Commons.”
- Explore the desirability and feasibility of reopening the Park Use Agreement between the city and MSFA.
Staff shall report back to the Community Development and Regulatory Services Committee by December 11, 2015.
Originating Department: Community Planning & Economic Development
- 17-00012 Downtown East Commons 2017 Operations
Aug. 25, 2015: CDRS Agenda
Aug. 25, 2015: CDRS Committee Report
Sept. 11, 2015: City Council Agenda
Sept. 11, 2015: Official Proceedings
Sept. 14, 2015: Official Act
Submit written comments about this item to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated Dec 22, 2016