File Number: 16-01499
2017 City Policy Positions and Legislative Agenda
Approving additional amendments to the City of Minneapolis 2017 State Legislative Policy Positions (as amended on 2/10/2017) to include (on p. 10, after the last current bullet point in the "Gun Violence Prevention and Responsible Gun Ownership" section):
"The City of Minneapolis opposes legislation that undermines common sense gun violence prevention initiatives and would make our communities less safe, including:
- "permitless carry" legislation allowing people to carry concealed, loaded guns in public without a permit or safety training.
- "stand your ground" legislation, which expands the circumstances in which people are allowed to use deadly force, eliminates the duty to deescalate, and creates legal hurdles that make it harder to hold shooters accountable.
Originating Department: Intergovernmental Relations
March 30 2017:
Feb. 7, 2017:
Approving additional amendments to the City of Minneapolis 2017 State Legislative Policy Positions (as amended on Jan. 13, 2017) to include (on p. 6 after the last current bullet point):
"The City of Minneapolis supports the rights of all people to engage in protected first amendment speech, assembly, and protest without the burden of risk of civil liability for public safety response costs."
Jan. 5, 2017:
Approving additional updates to the 2017 Legislative Agenda as adopted by the City Council on Dec. 9, 2016, and the 2017 Policy Positions as adopted by the City Council on Nov. 18, 2016.
- Updates to the 2017 Legislative Agenda and 2017 Policy Positions RCA
- 2017 Legislative Policy Positions with edits 12-29-16 Attachment
- 2017 Legislative Agenda Version with edits 12-29-16 Attachment
- 2017 Legislative Agenda DRAFT Final Version 12-29-16 Attachment
Dec. 1, 2016:
Approving list of select priority items from existing state legislative 2017 Policy Positions adopted by the City of Minneapolis in preparation for the 2017 Legislative Session.
Nov 10, 2016:
Approving new additions and modifications to the existing Legislative Policy Position document in anticipation of the upcoming 2017 Legislative Session.
- Adoption of 2017 Legislative Policy Positions RCA
- 2017 Draft Legislative Policy Positions Final Attachment
Oct. 27, 2016:
Receiving and filing presentations on seven new potential legislative proposals for addition to the 2017 Legislative Policy Positions.
- Presentations on potential new legislative proposals for 2017 RCA
- New Legislative Proposals for 2017 Presentation Attachment
- 2017 Legislative Policy Proposals Presentation
Oct. 27, 2016: IGR Agenda
Oct. 27, 2016: IGR Committee Report
Nov. 16, 2016: IGR Agenda
Nov. 16, 2016: IGR Committee Report
Nov. 18, 2016: City Council Agenda
Nov. 18, 2016: Official Proceedings
Nov. 21, 2016: Official Act
Dec. 1, 2016: IGR Agenda
Dec. 1, 2016: IGR Committee Report
Dec. 9, 2016: City Council Agenda
Dec. 9, 2016: Official Proceedings
Dec. 13, 2016: Official Act
Jan. 5, 2017: IGR Agenda
Jan. 5, 2017: IGR Committee Report
Jan. 13, 2017: City Council Agenda
Jan. 13, 2017: Official Proceedings
Jan. 15, 2017: Official Act
Feb. 7, 2017: IGR Agenda
Feb. 7, 2017: IGR Committee Report
Feb. 10, 2017: City Council Agenda
Feb. 10, 2017: Official Proceedings
Feb. 16, 2017: Official Act
March 30, 2017: IGR Agenda
March 30, 2017: IGR Committee Report
April 14, 2017: City Council Agenda
April 14, 2017: Official Proceedings
April 20, 2017: Official Act
Submit written comments about this item to: email@example.com.
Last updated Apr 24, 2017