File Number: 16-01516
Proposed Charter amendment: Plain Language Charter technical amendments
- Receiving and filing the transmittal letter from the Charter Commission relating to a package of proposed amendments to the Minneapolis City Charter which address a number of housekeeping items following adoption of the Plain Language Revision by voters in the 2013 Municipal Election.
- Passage of Ordinance amending the Minneapolis City Charter, providing for revisions to the Plain Language Charter:
- Article II Boundaries, Section 2.2 Wards and 2.4 Precincts.
- Article IV City Council, Section 4.2 Organization and 4.4 Proceedings.
- Article V Board of Estimate and Taxation, Section 5.3 Organization.
- Article VI Park and Recreation Board, Section 6.2 Functions and Powers.
- Article VIII Officers and Other Employees, Section 8.1 Definitions, 8.2 Officers generally, and 8.5 Classified service.
- Article IX Finance, Section 9.2 Appropriations, 9.3 Budget, and 9.4 Debt.
- Directing the City Clerk to publish notice of the public hearing to be conducted by the Intergovernmental Relations Committee at its regular meeting on Dec. 1, 2016.
Originating Department: City Council
- Plain Language Charter Technical Amendments Notice
- Plain Language Charter Technical Amendments Ordinance
- Plain Language Charter Technical Amendments Legal Notice
Nov. 4, 2016: City Council Agenda
Nov. 4, 2016: Official Proceedings
Nov. 18, 2016: City Council Agenda
Nov. 18, 2016: Official Proceedings
Dec. 1, 2016: IGR Agenda
Dec. 1, 2016: IGR Committee Report
Dec. 9, 2016: City Council Agenda
Dec. 9, 2016: Official Proceedings
Dec. 13, 2016: Official Act
Submit written comments about this item to: email@example.com.
Last updated Jan 18, 2017