Transportation & Public Works Committee Agenda
Standing Committee of the City Council, Minneapolis, Minnesota
June 9, 2015 - 9:30 a.m.
Room 317, City Hall
Members: Council Members Kevin Reich (Chair), Linea Palmisano, Cam Gordon, Blong Yang, Elizabeth Glidden, and Lisa Bender (Quorum 4)
Council Committee Coordinator: Peggy Menshek 612-673-2287
1. Hennepin-Lyndale Street Reconstruction Project Approval (Franklin Ave W to Dunwoody Blvd) (15-00674):
a) Approving resolution ordering the work to proceed and adopting special assessments in the amount of $336,321.57 for the project; and
b) Approving resolution requesting the Board of Estimate and Taxation to authorize the City’s issuance and sale of assessment bonds in the amount of $336,325 with the bonds to be paid for from special assessments.
2. Public Improvement Special Assessment Interest Rates (15-00675):
a) Approving a revised policy for setting assessment interest rates; and
b) Setting the interest rates for 2015 assessments as follows:
Final Rates for Assessment Levies Certified in 2015 for 2016 Collections
3. Powderhorn West Street Resurfacing Project Designation Correction (15-00676):
a) Approving amendment to Resolution 2015R-165 designating the location and improvements proposed to be made in the project by deleting 4th Ave S and adding 5th Ave S to the list of streets to be improved; and
b) Approving amendment to resolution ordering the work to proceed and adopting special assessments for the project to include references to the amended designation resolution.
4. West Lake Multimodal Transportation Study Cooperative Agreement (15-00677):
Authorizing the proper City officers to negotiate, enter into, and receive funds through a Cooperative Funding Agreement with the Metropolitan Council, Hennepin County, and Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board for the West Lake Multimodal Transportation Study in an amount not to exceed $300,000. The study will be funded through an equal contribution of $75,000 by each party.
5. Minneapolis Institute of Arts 100-Year Gala Celebration Block Event (15-00678):
Approving application for a large block event to be held June 26 and 27, 2015, to operate outside the timeframe allowed under ordinance.
6. On-Street Parking System Contract Amendment (15-00679):
Authorizing execution of Amendment No. 3 to Contract No. C-28373 with Cale America, Inc. for parts and maintenance of the on-street parking multi-space pay stations as follows:
· Extending the termination date from June 30, 2015, to June 30, 2016;
· Modifying the price list for parts and services; and
· Increasing the maximum contract amount by $650,000 to cover the extension’s projected costs for operational expenditures.
7. Shingle Creek Watershed Management Commission Joint and Cooperative Agreement Amendment (15-00680):
Approving resolution authorizing execution of an amendment to the Joint and Cooperative Agreement for the Shingle Creek Watershed Management Commission extending the term of the agreement to January 1, 2025.
8. Minneapolis Stormwater Management Program and Annual Report (15-00681):
Setting a public hearing for July 14, 2015, to receive public comments regarding the Stormwater Management Program as required by the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) and State Disposal System SDS Permit.
9. Reissuance of National Pollutant Discharge MS4 Phase 1 Permit (15-00682):
Authorizing certification of the application for reissuance of the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) MS4 Phase 1 Permit to the City of Minneapolis and the Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board as co-permittees.
10. Bid for Asphalt Paving Machine (15-00683):
Accepting single bid of Road Machinery and Supplies Company (OP 8116) for an estimated expenditure of $167,812 to furnish and deliver an asphalt paving machine to the Public Works Fleet Division; and authorizing the proper City officers to execute a contract for the services in accordance with City specifications.
11. Bid for Hennepin/Lyndale Sanitary Sewer Improvements (15-00684):
Accepting low bid of Minger Construction Company, Inc. (OP 8117) for an estimated expenditure of $1,918,430.25 to furnish and deliver all labor, materials, and incidentals necessary for the Hennepin/Lyndale sanitary sewer improvements; and authorizing the proper City officers to execute a contract for the services in accordance with City specifications.
12. Bid for Aerial Platform Trucks (15-00685):
Accepting low responsive bid of Nelson Auto Center, Inc. (OP 8120) for an estimated expenditure of $271,562 to furnish and deliver aerial trucks to the Public Works Fleet Division; and authorizing the proper City officers to execute a contract for the services in accordance with City specifications.
Council Members Reich and Gordon
13. Recycling and Composting Goals (15-00670):
Approving resolution establishing recycling and composting goals for the City of Minneapolis.
Department of Public Works
14. Public Art for Nicollet Mall Agreements (15-00686):
Authorizing execution of agreements with four selected artists for Nicollet Mall Public Art.
15. Preferred Long-Term Vision for East Downtown Pedestrian Realm Augmentation Study (15-00687):
Approving the concepts presented as the Draft Preferred Long-Term Vision for the East Downtown Pedestrian Realm, dated April 3, 2015, as the Preferred Long-Term Vision.
Public Hearings - July 14, 2015:
- 2015 Alley Resurfacing Program
- 28th St E and 33rd Ave S Alley Construction Project
Notice: A portion of this meeting may be closed to the public pursuant to MN Statutes Section 13D.03 or 13D.05
Next Committee Meeting: June 23, 2015
Committee actions will be referred to the next Council Meeting: June 19, 2015
For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats please contact the City Clerk’s Office, 612-673-2216, firstname.lastname@example.org. People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000. TTY users call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.
Para asistencia 612-673-2700 - Rau kev pab 612-673-2800 - Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500
Last updated Aug 12, 2015