The Community Connections Learning Lab Series consists of eight, 90-minute labs on effectively engaging multiple segments of the community in Minneapolis. Those who complete the entire series will earn a Community Connector Certificate. Did you miss the last learning lab series? You can sign up to get email reminders when a new series is announced here.
NCR's learning objectives for this series are to:
- Expand participant’s understanding of equitable community engagement.
- Discover best practices to avoid common pitfalls.
- Learn techniques that follow the City of Minneapolis’ Core Principles of Community Engagement based on the International Association of Public Participation (IAP2).
- Expand participant’s understanding of several of the many cultural communities in Minneapolis.
- Learn historical beginnings, cultural norms and community contacts to engage communities more effectively.
Have you attended our series? Let us know what you liked and what we can improve!
View Spring 2018 Learning Labs
How to Enroll
View Class Flyer
Who should attend?
Neighborhood staff, board members and volunteers who wish to increase their engagement strategies to include more diversity in neighborhood work as well as in leadership and decision making positions. Also, City employees who wish to enhance their capabilities around equitable community engagement to the diverse population of Minneapolis.
Don’t miss this opportunity to support the City’s goal of One Minneapolis and enhance your outreach capabilities. One Minneapolis: Disparities are eliminated so all Minneapolis residents can participate and prosper.
Have questions or trouble enrolling?
Contact us at [email protected] or call 612.673.3737
Last updated Apr 19, 2018