Neighborhood & Community Engagement Commission (NCEC)
The NCEC advises the Mayor and City Council, recommends improvements to the City’s community engagement process, develops guidelines for the Community Participation Program, a neighborhood funding program, works to increase diversity on other advisory boards, and reviews the business plan for the Neighborhood and Community Relations Department.
16 residents comprise the NCEC. Neighborhood organizations elect 8 residents, and there are 5 City Council appointees, 2 mayoral appointees, and 1 Park and Recreation Board appointee.
- NCEC District 1 - David Boyd
- NCEC District 2 - Vacant
- NCEC District 3 - Isaac Russell
- NCEC District 4 - Marcus Mills
- NCEC District 5 - Nick Cichowicz
- NCEC District 6 - Michael Malone
- NCEC District 7 - Peter Eichten
- NCEC District 8 - Marcea Mariani
- Mary Dedeaux-Swinton
- Nasser Mussa
City Council Appointees
- Raya Esmaeili
- Queen Kimmons
- Manu Lewis
- Kari Louwagie
- Jeffrey Strand
Park Board Appointee
- Alison Griffin
Join the NCEC
Eight of the 16 NCEC commissioners are appointed through the open appointments process and eight members are elected by Minneapolis neighborhood organizations.
- Mayor and City Council Appointed Seats: Apply by April 12 for one of these four open seats.
- Neighborhood Representative Seats: Apply by May 10, 2019 to run for one of the five open neighborhood representative seats. The NCEC election will be June 20, 2019.
Next Meeting Date
Tuesday, April 23, 2019 (Full Commission Meeting)
5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Minneapolis Central Library, Doty Board Room, Second Floor
300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55401
View past meeting agendas and materials.
All NCEC meetings are open to the public.
Watch past meeting videos
- View NCEC meetings in the NCEC tab of the Minneapolis City Council TV page, Minneapolismn.gov/tv/citycounciltv.
Last updated Apr 22, 2019