About the NRP Policy Board
On December 16, 2011 the City Council adopted Resolution 2011R-667, Reestablishing a Neighborhood Revitalization Program Policy Board. The key work of the Policy Board is to review and approve the NRP plans and to also to review the Community Participation Plan submissions from neighborhood organizations. Both programs are described below.
The Policy Board will take action on various NRP plans:
- Several neighborhoods have yet to submit NRP Phase II Plans. The Policy Board will review and approval Phase II plans.
- Substantial modifications to existing NRP Phase I and Phase II Plans will also be reviewed by the Policy Board.
Community Participation Program (CPP)
For the period beginning in July 2012 and extending through 2013 NRP funds will be used as the source for CPP financing. Use of NRP funds will require Policy Board review and approval for funding of two program submissions:
- CPP submissions from neighborhood organizations will be reviewed by the Policy Board.
- Neighborhood Priority Plans will be required from all neighborhood organizations. The Policy Board will review and approve all the Priority Plans.
- The Policy Board will also coordinate among City departments and other jurisdictions on implementing the priorities included in Neighborhood Priority Plans.
The membership of the NRP Policy Board is as follows:
|Mayor of the City of Minneapolis or designee||Vacant|
|Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board||Council Member Kevin Reich|
|Board of Education, Special School District No. 1||AK Hassan|
|Board of Commissioners of Hennepin County||Don Samuels|
|A representative from Minneapolis’ House of Representatives delegation||Commissioner Marion Greene|
|A representative from Minneapolis’ State Senate delegation||Vacant|
|Neighborhood representative||Senator Patricia Torres-Ray|
|Neighborhood representative||Marcea Mariani|
|Neighborhood representative||Peter Eichten|
|Neighborhood representative||Jeffrey Strand|
Last updated Aug 22, 2018