The Community Connections Learning Lab Series consists of eight, 90-minute labs on effectively engaging multiple segments of the community in Minneapolis. Those who complete at least seven of the eight learning labs will earn a Community Connector Certificate.
City staff, neighborhood organizations and community partners are invited to learn effective community engagement strategies, including considerations about:
Have you attended our series?
Did you miss the last learning lab series?
View Fall 2018 Schedules & Locations
Pictured: 2017 Effectively Planning for
The next series runs from September 12 – October 31 in the afternoons, and September 20 – November 8 in the evenings. The sessions will cover:
- Expand participants' understanding of equitable community engagement.
- Discover best practices, and avoid common pitfalls.
- Learn techniques that follow the City of Minneapolis’ Core Principles of Community Engagement based on the International Association of Public Participation (IAP2) guidelines.
- Expand participants' understanding of several of the many cultural communities in Minneapolis.
- Learn historical beginnings, cultural norms and become familiar with culturally-specific media and institutions.
Have questions or trouble enrolling?
Contact us at [email protected] or call 612.673.3737
Last updated Sep 6, 2018