Street closures for week of All-Star Game and Basilica Block Party
Several streets downtown will be closed to traffic July 11-15, when Major League Baseball All-Star Game events and the Basilica Block Party will be taking place.
The street closures that will be in place the longest for All-Star Game events are:
- 6th Street North, from 1st Avenue North to Hennepin Avenue – Closed 9 a.m. Friday through Tuesday.
- South and east side of Grant Street E and 2nd Avenue South, from Marquette Avenue to 12th Street South – Closed 12:01 a.m. Friday through Tuesday.
- 4th Avenue South, between 4th Street South and 5th Street South – Closed 8 a.m. Sunday through Tuesday.
- Twins Way, from Royalston Avenue to 7th Street North – Closed from noon Sunday through Tuesday. The section from Royalston Avenue to 10th Street North will briefly open to traffic Sunday morning until 10 a.m.
Shorter-term street closures for All-Star Game events include:
- Nicollet Mall from Alice Rainville Place to 6th Street South – Closed from 10 p.m. Monday to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday for the Red Carpet Parade. There will be additional one-block closures for cross streets leading up to the parade. Drivers who use parking ramps along affected streets will be able to use those ramps during the closure.
- 7th Street, from Marquette Avenue to 10th Street North – Closed from 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday for the Red Carpet Parade.
- 5th Street North, from 5th Avenue North to 3rd Avenue North – Closed from 3:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.
- West River Parkway, from 4th Avenue North to 13th Avenue South – Closed 7 p.m. Monday to 1:30 a.m. Tuesday. The section of the parkway from Portland Avenue to 11th Avenue South will close all day Monday until 10 a.m. Tuesday.
- 2nd Street South, from Portland Avenue to 11th Avenue South – Closed from 9 p.m. Monday to 1:30 a.m. Tuesday. Side streets along this stretch will also be closed to Washington Avenue during this time.
- 3rd Avenue North ramp to I-394 – Closed intermittently Sunday through Tuesday. However, it will be open to buses to Ramp B only.
The following streets will be closed Friday through Saturday for the Basilica Block Party:
- 16th Street North, from Hennepin Avenue to Linden Avenue.
- Laurel Avenue, from 16th Street North 15th Street North.
- Hawthorne Avenue, from Lyndale Avenue to 15th Street North.
- Linden Avenue West, from Lyndale to I-394 westbound ramp.
- 15th Street North, from Linden Avenue to Chestnut Avenue.
Published Jul 7, 2014