Apply for openings on Minneapolis boards and commissions
Several board and commission positions are open for City Council and mayor appointments this fall. Board and commission members in the City of Minneapolis help shape key policy decisions, give community-based input into the City’s administration of services and supply valuable insights. The City seeks applicants with a diversity of backgrounds and experiences to strengthen the work of the City. Translation and interpreting services are available on request so all residents can participate.
People can apply through the open position pages linked below and stay up to date on vacancies, position descriptions and timelines by visiting minneapolismn.gov/boards/openings. The application review process begins Oct. 5 unless marked otherwise, and the positions are open until filled.
There are almost 190 open positions on 18 City boards and commissions:
- Advisory Committee on Aging.
- Advisory Committee on Housing.
- Advisory Committee on People with Disabilities.
- Arts Commission.
- Audit Committee.
- Capital Long-Range Improvement Committee.
- Census Complete Count Committee.
- Charter Commission. The application review process is open.
- Civil Rights Commission.
- Community Environmental Advisory Committee.
- Heritage Preservation Commission.
- Police Conduct Oversight Commission.
- Public Health Advisory Committee (PHAC).
- Public Housing Authority (MPHA).
- Transgender Equity Council.
- Violence Prevention Steering Committee.
- Workplace Advisory Committee.
- Zoning Board of Adjustment.
Boards, commissions and advisory committees
The City of Minneapolis has more than 50 volunteer-based boards, commissions and advisory committees that advise the City on issues and help develop policy and administer services. Boards and commissions fall into a handful of categories: appeal boards, development boards, general advisory boards and special service districts (defined areas within the city with special services).
Appointments to boards and commissions are made twice a year: in the spring and fall.
Potential applicants can find more information at 612-673-2216 or [email protected].
Sept. 14, 2018
Published Sep 14, 2018