Health and safety fair, trainings for National Safety Month
Kick off National Safety Month at the Hennepin County Health and Safety Fair June 3. The event includes free giveaways and plenty of helpful information on how to keep yourself and your family safe. The County is also hosting free health and safety trainings in honor of National Safety Month.
Hennepin County Health and Safety Fair
11 a.m.-1 p.m., Wednesday, June 3
Hennepin County Government Center North Plaza, 300 S. Sixth St.
This year’s fair features the:
- Minneapolis Fire Department.
- Hennepin County Medical Center’s Brain Injury Center.
- Hennepin Regional Poison Center.
- American Cancer Society.
- Minnesota Safety Council.
- Minnesota Hoarding Project.
- Downtown Improvement District.
- Three Rivers Park District.
- Minnesota Department of Health.
- CenterPoint Energy.
- Commuter Connection.
- Zap bicycle tagging program.
- Nice Ride Minnesota.
- Metro Transit.
- Sand Creek Group.
Hennepin County will also be onsite with information on:
- Emergency preparedness.
- The bicycle and pedestrian plan.
- Workplace safety.
- Human services.
- Public health.
- Sheriff’s Office Water Patrol.
Health and safety trainings
The County is also hosting free health and safety trainings in honor of National Safety Month Wednesdays in Room C-2350 on Floor 23 of the Hennepin County Government Center:
- Safety at home, work and play
Noon-1 p.m., Wednesday, June 10
Speaker: Julie Philbrook, Hennepin County Medical Center’s Trauma Center
- Distracted driving
Noon-1 p.m., Wednesday, June 17
Speaker: Lisa Kons, Minnesota Safety Council
- Emergency preparedness at home
Noon-1 p.m., Wednesday, June 24
Speaker: Sarah Stalker, Emergency Management
Published Jun 2, 2015